Dr. Martin Bashir completed his Bachelor of Science Degree with high honors at the University of Virginia and received his Doctor of Medicine at George Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Bashir completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Emory University School of Medicine where he also served as Chief Resident. He completed his Fellowship at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, as well as Third-tier Fellowship in Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy.
Dr. Bashir holds membership in the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and American Gastroenterological Association; he is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a former Governor of the American College of Gastroenterology. He has been recognized as a “Super Doctor” in the Washington Post magazine and as a “Top Doctor” in Checkbook magazine. Dr. Bashir has been consistently recognized by his peers as a “Top Doctor” in Washingtonian magazine.
Dr. Bashir’s professional interests include ERCP, EUS (with FNA), pancreatic and biliary disease, cryospray therapy of Barrett’s esophagus, therapeutic endoscopy, colon cancer screening and nutrition. His personal interests include physical fitness (triathlons) and writing and recording music.
Special Areas of Interest
- Advanced endoscopy procedures: therapeutic ERCP, diagnostic endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and fine-needle aspiration (FNA), Cryospray ablation therapy of Barrett’s esophagus
- Pancreatic and biliary diseases
- Hepatitis C management
Medical Education and Training
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Emory University School of Medicine
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Bachelor of Science
University of Virginia
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians - Fellow
- American College of Gastroenterology - Fellow
- Washington Hospital Center
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member