Dr. Korman completed his medical school education at the State University of New York in Syracuse, graduating Cum Laude and being elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He moved to Washington, DC in 1978 to continue his training at the National Institutes of Health Digestive Disease branch.
Dr. Korman joined Metropolitan Gastroenterology Group in 1990. In addition to his clinical practice, he teaches gastroenterology and endoscopy in the Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology Training Program at the Veterans Administration Hospital/Georgetown University Residency and Fellowship program. He is a past Chairman of the Crohns and Colitis Foundation Medical Advisory Board and past Chair of the Home Health Care Committee of the Jewish Social Services Agency. Nationally, Dr. Korman has been active in the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Dr. Korman has been consistently recognized by his peers and his patients as a “Top Doctor” in Washingtonian magazine and Washington Consumers’ Checkbook magazine. Recently, he was honored with the American Gastroenterological Society’s 2015 Distinguished Clinician of the Year Award.
Medical Education and Training
- State University of New York / Syracuse, NY / Doctor of Medicine
- State University of New York, Upstate Medical Center / Syracuse, NY
- Gastroenterology / State University of New York, Upstate Medical Center / Syracuse, NY
- Bachelor of Arts / Hunter College, College of the University of New York / Bronx, NY
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- George Washington University Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Veterans Administration Hospital
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American College of Gastroenterology - Member
- American College of Physicians - Member
- American Medical Association - Member
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America - Member
- Medical Society of the District of Columbia
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member