Dr. Katherine J. Hahn is from Long Island, New York but is proud to now call Maryland her home. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Northwestern University and continued her education at The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University in Chicago, IL. Prior to residency, Dr. Hahn received a Master of Public Health from Johns Hopkins University, where she focused on Patient Safety and Health Care Quality Improvement. Dr. Hahn completed her Internal Medicine Residency at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC and served as Chief Medical Resident. During her residency, she received the prestigious Johnson & Johnson Global Health Scholar award and was selected by the American Association for Liver Diseases as an Emerging Liver Scholar. She followed up at Georgetown University Hospital by completing a fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Dr. Hahn has a strong academic background, with many peer-reviewed publications, presentations, and abstracts on the topics of liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease, colonoscopy, and patient safety. As a first-generation Korean-American, Dr. Hahn is passionate about serving her community, as well as others, and speaks fluent Korean.
During her free time, Dr. Hahn enjoys exploring Maryland with her husband and two young children. Their favorite museum is the Museum of Natural History because of the Butterfly Pavilion. Dr. Hahn also maintains several artistic interests and for many years she was a trained cellist who performed at Carnegie Hall with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra and the New York Pops.
Special Areas of Interest
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Advanced liver disease
- Women’s digestive health
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Microscopic Colitis
Medical Education and Training
- Feinberg School of Medicine/ Northwestern University / Chicago, IL
- Internal Medicine / Georgetown University Hospital / Washington, DC
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology / Georgetown University Hospital / Washington, DC
- Master of Public Health / Johns Hopkins University / Baltimore, MD
- Sociology / Northwestern University / Chicago, IL
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- American College of Physicians - Member
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member