Dhvani Shah, MD joins Capital Digestive Care as a hospitalist seeing patients at Sibley Memorial Hospital. She is a highly trained internist and gastroenterologist. She graduated from Brown University as part of its combined undergraduate and medical program. While enrolled in medical school, she pursued an interested in international health. She has contributed to peer-reviewed publications, abstracts, and presentations on liver disease, esophageal disorders, and inflammatory bowel disease.
Prior to joining Capital Digestive Care, Dr. Shah completed a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology through Montefiore Medical Center in New York. In addition she completed a residency at Yale New Haven Hospital in New Haven, Connecticut. She follows the philosophy that it is important to treat individuals, not just medical conditions. She strives to develop a partnership with each patient to develop a comprehensive plan for optimal health.
Dr. Shah is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, the American Medical Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. She is also a diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine. In her spare time she enjoys traveling, yoga, and spending time with her family.
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology / Montefiore Medical Center / Bronx, NY
- Internal Medicine / Yale New Haven Hospital / New Haven, CT
- Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University / Providence, RI
- Brown University / Providence, RI
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member
- American College of Gastroenterology - Member
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Medical Association - Member