Darryn Potosky, MD is a native of Potomac, Maryland and one of the area’s top liver specialists. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland College Park and his medical degree from the University Of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore. He was recently named one of the area’s top doctors under 40 by Baltimore Sun magazine.
Before joining Capital Digestive Care, Dr. Potosky was the Director of Hepatology in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University of Maryland Medical Center. In this role, he was responsible for running the clinical and administrative aspects of the Liver Program. He currently maintains a faculty appointment at the University of Maryland as a Clinical Assistant Professor. Dr. Potosky is board certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Transplant Hepatology. His work has been published in peer-reviewed publications, national and international meetings including the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) and Digestive Diseases Week (DDW).
His enthusiasm for treating liver conditions was sparked by having a family member with chronic liver disease. Later, his interest was solidified during his first month of fellowship when he cared for a patient with cirrhosis whose life was changed by a liver transplant. Throughout his medical career he has been the recipient of several awards and honors in the realm of teaching and education. Dr. Potosky believes it is extremely important to not only take excellent care of his patients but to also educate them about their condition and provide resources to enhance their understanding.
In his spare time, Dr. Potosky enjoys partaking in sports, reading, traveling with his family and playing with his children.
Special Areas of Interest
- Liver Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Transplant Hepatology
MEDICAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- University of Maryland School of Medicine/ Baltimore, MD
- University of Maryland Medical Center / Baltimore, MD
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology / University of Maryland Medical Center / Baltimore, MD
- Bachelor of Science / University of Maryland / College Park, MD
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
HepatologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Howard County General Hospital
- Laurel Regional Hospital
- Washington Adventist Hospital
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member
- American College of Gastroenterology - Member
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy