Originally from Des Moines, Iowa, Alan Diamond, MD received his undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin. He graduated from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York and completed Internal Medicine residencies at Montefiore Medical Center in New York and George Washington University Medical Center in Washington, DC. He pursued his Gastroenterology fellowship at the Veterans Administration National Medical Center in Washington, DC. Dr. Diamond entered private practice in 1982 and has since treated thousands of patients suffering from a variety of gastrointestinal and liver disorders.
Dr. Diamond appreciates the challenge of diagnosing his patients’ problems and of performing endoscopies. He is also an active member of the medical community, having served on the Ethics Committee at Holy Cross Hospital for nearly 20 years and as President of the Endoscopic Surgical Centre of Maryland and Endoscopic Surgical Centre of Maryland North for many of the past 14 years. He has been recognized by his peers as a “Top Doctor” in Washingtonian magazine.
Dr. Diamond met his wife, a pediatrician, in medical school. They have three children, two dogs and a cat. He has resided in Montgomery County for the past 32 years. He enjoys tennis and golf, locally and at Wintergreen, Virginia.
Medical Education and Training
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine / New York, NY / Doctor of Medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center / Bronx, NY
- Gastroenterology / Veterans Administration Medical Center / Washington, DC
- University of Wisconsin / Madison, WI
Internal MedicineAdditional Certification
- Holy Cross Hospital
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- American College of Gastroenterology - Member
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America - Member
- Metro Maryland Ostomy Association
- Montgomery County Medical Society