A respected member of the medical community for more than 25 years, Theodore Kim, MD has enjoyed building a close rapport with physician colleagues and patients alike. After graduating from the University of Maryland, College Park he went on to pursue his medical degree from University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore. Before joining Maryland Digestive Disease Center, Dr. Kim founded his own private practice in Bowie, Maryland in 1990.
Throughout his career, Dr. Kim has been committed to both medical and community service. He has served as Chief of Gastroenterology and as a Medical Executive Committee board member at Laurel Regional Hospital and was appointed to the Equal Business Opportunity Commission by the Howard County Executive from 2001-2005. He has been very active in the Korean American Medical Association where he served as President in 2007. Additionally, in 2006 and 2008, Dr. Kim organized two medical mission trips to Lima, Peru to support a local clinic.
Dr. Kim enjoys an avid interest in golf, so much so, that he served as a Board Member on the First Tee of Howard County! He and his wife, who previously worked in the computer science field, have lived in Howard County since 1993. In addition, he is a decade-long member of Grace Community Church in Fulton, Maryland.
Medical Education and Training
- University of Maryland School of Medicine / Baltimore, MD / Doctor of Medicine
- University of Maryland Hospital / Baltimore, MD
- Gastroenterology / Rutgers New Jersey Medical School / University Hospital / Newark, NJ
- Bachelor of Science / University of Maryland / College Park, MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American College of Gastroenterology - Fellow
- Howard County General Hospital
- Laurel Regional Hospital
- Washington Adventist Hospital
- American Medical Association - Member
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America - Member
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member