Stephen J. Park, MD began his medical training in an accelerated combined Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Medicine program, graduating magna cum laude from Villanova University and earning his medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine. Thereafter, he completed his residency in internal medicine at the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium and followed up there with a fellowship in gastroenterology. Dr. Park was also selected for advanced endoscopic ultrasound training during fellowship.
Prior to joining Capital Digestive Care, Dr. Park served as Medical Director of the Gastroenterology clinic at Joint Base Andrews in Prince George’s County, Maryland. He also cared for patients at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, while holding a faculty appointment as Assistant Professor of Medicine for the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Dr. Park has had multiple publications and presentations at national meetings in gastroenterology and hepatology, and he won the Excellence in Research Award during fellowship. Dr. Park served on active duty as an officer in the United States Air Force for 10 years, earning the Air Force and Army Achievement Medals for meritorious service.
Dr. Park comes from a family of health care providers and at an early age understood the importance of patient care, as well as the privilege of providing it. He strives to connect with his patients and finds it rewarding to be able to make a difference in their lives.
In his spare time, Dr. Park enjoys spending time with his wife and children, traveling, trying new restaurants, and playing basketball and tennis. As a native of the D.C. metropolitan area, he is a fan of all the local sports teams.
Special Areas of Interest
- Colon cancer screening
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Diseases of the pancreas and biliary system
- Endoscopic ultrasound
Medical Education and Training
- Drexel University College of Medicine / Philadelphia, PA / Doctor of Medicine
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium / Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Gastroenterology / San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium / Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Villanova University / Villanova, PA
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member
- American College of Gastroenterology - Member