A graduate of Duke University, Sean Karp, MD completed his Internal Medicine residency at The Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City. Following training, Dr. Karp honed his clinical skills as an inpatient Hospitalist at the Washington Hospital Center, in Washington, DC, before completing his subspecialty training in Gastroenterology through the combined Georgetown University/Washington Hospital Center fellowship program.
Dr. Karp takes a compassionate approach to patient care and employs a holistic view on treating disease. This approach includes consultation on nutrition and exercise in addition to traditional clinical treatments. His professional interests include diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, as well as management of functional gastrointestinal disorders. Dr. Karp has been recognized by his peers as a “Top Doctor” in Washingtonian magazine.
Dr. Karp is an avid athlete and especially enjoys spending time with his wife and their three young children.
Medical Education and Training
- Drexel University College of Medicine / Philadelphia, PA / Doctor of Medicine
- Mount Sinai Medical Center / New York, NY
- Gastroenterology / Georgetown University / Washington Hospital Center / Washington, DC
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy Studies / Duke University / Durham, NC
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Howard County General Hospital
- Laurel Regional Hospital
- Washington Adventist Hospital
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American College of Gastroenterology - Member
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America - Member
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member