A native of Washington, D.C. and a former high school physics teacher, Roderick Kreisberg, MD received his medical degree and advanced fellowship training at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. In addition to conventional upper endoscopy and colonoscopy, he is trained in Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) as well as other advanced therapeutic techniques.
Dr. Kreisberg has a special area of interest in chronic diseases of the GI tract and liver, including inflammatory bowel disease and chronic hepatitis.
Married with two children, he enjoys playing soccer, golf, and tennis.
Medical Education and Training
- University of Maryland School of Medicine / Baltimore, MD / Doctor of Medicine
- University of Maryland Medical Center / Baltimore, MD
- Gastroenterology / University of Maryland Medical Center / Baltimore, MD
- Bachelor of Science / Haverford College / Haverford, PA
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Holy Cross Hospital
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- American College of Gastroenterology - Member
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America - Member
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member