Born in Pittsburgh, PA, Robert Finkel, MD moved to the Silver Spring area at a young age, where he grew up less then 2 miles from his Silver Spring office and attended Springbrook High School and the University of Maryland. He returned to Pittsburgh where he earned his medical degree at the University of Pittsburgh Medical School and completed his residency at Presbyterian University Hospital. Dr. Finkel has been recognized by his peers as a “Top Doctor” in Washingtonian and Checkbook magazines.
He remains a devout Steelers fan and hopeful Redskins fan. In his spare time, he enjoys watching his sons play in various travel sports and spending time with his wife and family. His own sports recreation includes basketball, skiing, and his version of golf.
Medical Education and Training
- University of Pittsburgh Medical School / Pittsburgh, PA / Doctor of Medicine
- Presbyterian University Hospital / Pittsburgh, PA
- Gastroenterology / University of Maryland Medical Center / Baltimore, MD
- Bachelor of Science / University of Maryland / College Park, MD
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Holy Cross Hospital
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America - Member
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member