Nissrin M. Ezmerli, MD grew up in the Washington Metropolitan Area, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from The George Washington University where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She continued her education and training at The George Washington University where she attended medical school and completed her Internal Medicine residency. Dr. Ezmerli was recognized by the Division of Internal Medicine at The George Washington University with the Intern of the Year Award and by the Division of Internal Medicine at the Veterans Administration Hospital with the Resident of the Year Award. She also served an additional year as Chief Medical Resident, where she spent time working with and teaching medical residents and students.
Dr. Ezmerli then went on to complete her fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Georgetown University. During her fellowship, she was selected for the Visiting Inflammatory Bowel Disease Fellow program sponsored by the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, where she received additional training in Inflammatory Bowel disease at The Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Dr. Ezmerli enjoys spending time with her family. Her personal interests include reading, cooking and writing.
Special Areas of Interest
- Celiac Disease
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Women’s Health
Medical Education and Training
- The George Washington University School of Medicine / Washington, DC / Doctor of Medicine
- The George Washington University Medical Center / Washington, DC
- Gastroenterology / Georgetown University / Washington, DC
- The George Washington University / Washington, DC
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Holy Cross Hospital
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America - Member