After completing her undergraduate education with a Bachelor of Arts from Princeton University in 1995, Kathryn Kirk, MD went on to receive her Doctor of Medicine from Cornell University Medical College in 1999. She completed her Internal Medicine residency at Beth Israel Medical Center in 2002 and her Gastroenterology fellowship at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital in 2005.
Dr. Kirk is Board Certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. She is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Association and serves on the medical staff of Sibley Memorial Hospital. Dr. Kirk’s professional interests include gastroesophageal reflux disease, colorectal cancer screening and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Kirk has been consistently recognized by her peers as at “Top Doctor” in Washingtonian magazine.
Her personal interests include photography, writing, film, and sports. Dr. Kirk is a native Spanish speaker and is originally from the Washington metropolitan area.
Special Areas of Interest
- Colon cancer screening and prevention
- Celiac disease
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
Medical Education and Training
- Weill Cornell Medical College / New York, NY / Doctor of Medicine
- Beth Israel Medical Center / New York, NY
- Gastroenterology / St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital / New York, NY
- Bachelor of Arts / Princeton University / Princeton, NJ
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- American College of Gastroenterology - Member
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America - Member
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member