After receiving his B.A. in Chemistry at the University of Virginia, Dr. Salcedo went on to obtain his medical degree from the Georgetown University School of Medicine. He remained at Georgetown and completed his residency in Internal Medicine followed by a fellowship in Clinical Pharmacology in the combined Georgetown University-National Institutes of Health Program. His main focus was in hepatic drug metabolism and clinical trials. He completed an additional fellowship in Gastroenterology at Georgetown University Medical Center and remained for a third year to receive training in advanced endoscopic procedures with his focus being ERCP and EUS in the management of biliary and pancreatic diseases. He was in private practice in Norfolk, VA for two years before returning to the D.C. area where he has been in practice since 2001.
Dr. Salcedo has been consistently recognized by his peers as at “Top Doctor” in Washingtonian magazine.
Medical Education and Training
- Georgetown University / Washington, DC / Doctor of Medicine
- Georgetown University Hospital / Washington, DC
- Gastroenterology / Georgetown University Hospital / Washington, DC
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry / University of Virginia / Charlottesville, VA
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Georgetown University Hospital
- National Rehabilitation Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Washington Hospital Center
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America - Member
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member