Dr. Faisal Bhinder grew up across the globe in Africa, the Middle East, England and Lahore, Pakistan where he earned his medical degree from the King Edward Medical College. Following his training in internal medicine, geriatrics and then gastroenterology and hepatology, he entered private practice in Southern Maryland, establishing Calvert Gastroenterology and serving as Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology and Director of Endoscopy at Calvert Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Bhinder describes gastroenterology as “intriguing, inspiring and challenging” and truly enjoys the hands-on care coupled with practical diagnosis and therapy. He has a particular interest in the field of advanced endoscopy and in 2013 he completed a fellowship in the Advanced Interventional Therapeutic Endoscopy Fellowship Program at the University of Florida HSC Shands Hospital in Gainesville, FL.
This specialized skillset allows Dr. Bhinder to provide an expanded scope of services to patients with complex digestive diseases. In addition to advanced endoscopic diagnostic procedures, Dr. Bhinder is trained to perform advanced therapeutic procedures with Endoscopic Ultrasound and Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancraticography (ERCP) for biliary and pancreatic disease and is proficient as well as authored in Wireless Capsule Endoscopy (WCE).
Special Areas of Interest
- Acid reflux and Barrett’s esophagus
- Advanced Interventional Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Diseases of the biliary and pancreatic systems
Medical Education and Training
- King Edward Medical College / Lahore Pakistan
- St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center / Tufts University School of Medicine / Boston, MA
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology / University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences / Little Rock, AR
- Advanced Interventional Therapeutic Endoscopy / University of Florida Shands Hospital / Gainesville, FL
- Geriatric Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- American College of Gastroenterology - Member
- American College of Physicians - Member
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member