A Washington-area native, Dr. Erica R. Cohen is a highly-accomplished physician who is board certified in gastroenterology and internal medicine. She is a trained Inflammatory Bowel Disease specialist which gives her unique expertise in Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, microscopic colitis, and refractory c. difficile colitis infection. In addition, she treats a wide range of concerns such as celiac disease, colon cancer screening, and diverticular disease.
Dr. Cohen sees cultivating the patient-physician relationship as critical to achieving the best possible outcomes. Her personal philosophy involves a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care, which includes ongoing discussions with the entirety of the care team while putting the patient’s voice at the forefront of the decision-making.
Prior to joining Capital Digestive Care, she practiced medicine as an advanced inflammatory bowel disease fellow at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. Now back in her hometown, Dr. Cohen enjoys traveling, rooting for DC sports teams and spending time with her husband and two children.
Special Areas of Interest
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Celiac Disease
- Diverticular Disease
Medical Education and Training
- Sackler School of Medicine at Tel Aviv University / Tel Aviv, Israel / Doctor of Medicine
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center / Los Angeles, CA
- Gastroenterology / Cedars Sinai Medical Center/ Los Angeles, CA
- Advanced Inflammatory Bowel Disease / Cedars Sinai Medical Center / Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor of Arts / Wesleyan University / Middletown, CT
- Post-Baccalaureate Premedical / University of Pennsylvania / Philadelphia, PA
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine