A native of the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area, Dr. Amy Shah joined Capital Digestive Care in 2015 as a hospitalist providing digestive health consultation and intervention for patients at Sibley Memorial Hospital. In 2017 she combined her inpatient and outpatient skills to establish a full-time office based practice at the Chevy Chase, MD and Washington, D.C. locations..
Dr. Shah pursued an early interest in health at Duke University where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Policy Studies & Biology. She completed her medical degree at the University of Maryland followed by a fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Medical College of Virginia.
The diversity of managing patient care across both acute and chronic digestive disorders is something Dr. Shah truly enjoys about her specialty and her experience in different settings allows her to provide the very best care for her patients.
Medical Education and Training
- University of Maryland School of Medicine / Baltimore, MD / Doctor of Medicine
- Medical College of Virginia Hospital / Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center / Richmond, VA
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology / MCV Hospital / Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center / Richmond, VA
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- American College of Gastroenterology - Member
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases