- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 15 oz. can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- ½ lb. baby potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1¼ lb. tilapia or other white fish, cut into pieces
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper
Step 1: In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and fennel in oil until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Put potatoes in small pot and cover with cold water. Bring potatoes to boil then reduce heat to simmer until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add potatoes and 1 cup of cooking water to skillet. Turn heat to low. Add fish and very gently simmer until fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2: In a small food processor, purée mayonnaise, garlic and red pepper. Serve stew with the roasted red pepper mayonnaise.