- 1½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. chipotle chili flakes or red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 cup orange juice (100% juice, no sugar added)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt 12-16 butter lettuce leaves
Step 1: Place chicken in a zip bag and pound to an even ½-inch thickness.
Step 2: Heat oil in a large, non-stick pan over medium heat until shimmering. Sauté chicken until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a cutting board.
Step 3: Add garlic and chipotle to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in orange juice and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and more chili flakes, if desired.
Step 4: Cut chicken into small bite-sized pieces and stir into sauce. Remove from heat and allow chicken to cool slightly in sauce. Serve a small amount of chicken with sauce wrapped in lettuce leaves.