- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 15 oz. can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- ½ lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch chunks
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ lb. sugar snap peas
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
Step 1: In a large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion in oil until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, potatoes and 1 cup water and simmer until potatoes are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Step 2: In a small bowl, whisk peanut butter with ½ cup hot water. Stir thinned peanut butter into stew. Lower heat to medium-low and add chicken and peas to skillet. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and sprinkle with peanuts.