Dr. Brent W. Geissinger is a board-certified, fellowship-trained gastroenterologist. His practice is built on a foundation of listening to his patients. He has particular interest in the following conditions and procedures:
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI)
- Congenital sucrose-isomaltase deficiency (CSID)
Dr. Geissinger completed his undergraduate education and medical school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He pursued internship and residency training at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in gastroenterology at Wake Forest University, Bowman Gray School of Medicine.
“Most patients instinctively know what’s wrong with them. My job is to listen and help articulate what their bodies are already telling them,” Dr. Geissinger said.
When he’s not in the office, you can find Dr. Geissinger on the Eastern Shore with his wife and two Golden Doodles, enjoying what nature has to offer.