Thank you for scheduling an appointment with Capital Digestive Care! During the pandemic, our offices are using technology to improve access to care and to reduce interactions with personnel for your safety and that of our staff. We understand that technology can be confusing or difficult for some patients. Please review the below information to help you navigate these new tools.
All Patients Must Have a Patient Portal Account
Your portal is an essential tool that allows us deliver information promptly and efficiently, improving your care and ensuring the security of your protected health information. Under HIPAA regulations, we are not permitted to communicate through other, less secure, means such as email. Portal messages are a great way to communicate non-urgent information to your healthcare team. Messages are reviewed during normal business hours only, Mon – Fri, 8:00am – 4:00pm. Portal messages do not replace the need to call your physician for any urgent issues.
- If you are a new patient, you will receive an email to create a patient portal account. Please login using the link and PIN provided to to establish your account.
- If you are an established patient, please test your login at www.capitaldigestivecare.mygportal.com. If you have forgotten your username or password, click the links for “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password” which appear under the “Sign In” button
- All patients should complete or update their health history information in their patient portal account.
At the time of your appointment, you will receive an email and/or text with a link to join your telehealth visit. If you are using a computer, you must use the Google Chrome web browser. Please review the following:
- Before your appointment:
- Decide if you want to use your cell phone or your computer for your appointment. The device you choose must have a camera and microphone.
- If using a computer, you must access your visit using the Google Chrome web browser. Learn how to download Google Chrome.
- On the day of your appointment:
- Have your preferred device active and available at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- At the time of your appointment, you will receive a link to log in to your virtual visit. This link will be sent via email and/or text message.
- Click the link. Allow access to your camera and microphone, if prompted. Login by entering your last name and date of birth using this format: mm/dd/yyyy.
- Review the Consent to Use Telehealth Services. Scroll to the bottom and click “Agree.” Click “Join Video Call.”
- If you cannot log in to your telehealth visit, please wait and someone will call you. This call may come from an “unknown” or “blocked” number.
Kindly contact your doctor’s office a minimum of 48 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. Cancellations received after this period will be subject to a cancellation charge.
In the event of inclement weather, contact your doctor’s office directly. Keeping our offices open to care for patients is a priority but closures due to inclement weather may be necessary for the safety of our doctors, staff and patients.