Dr. Zhengtong Pei is a highly-trained pathologist who is board certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology. He received a Bachelor of Medicine degree, completed training in forensic pathology and worked as a Forensic Pathologist in Shaanxi Province, China. He went on to complete a postdoctoral fellowship in Neurology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, MD. He later completed a residency in Pathology at RWJ Barnabas Health in New Jersey and a fellowship in Surgical Pathology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining Capital Digestive Care, Dr. Pei was an attending pathologist for RWJ Barnabas Health in Livingston, New Jersey. During his extensive training Dr. Pei also became a member of several professional organizations including the College of American Pathologists, the American Society for Clinical Pathology, the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, and the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
In his spare time, Dr. Pei enjoys fishing, traveling and music.
Medical Education and Training
- Forensic Pathology / Xi’an Intermediate Court / Shaanxi Province, China
- Bachelor of Medicine / Xi’an Medical University / Shaanxi Province, China
- Pathology / RWJ University & Barnabas Health / Livingston, NJ
- Surgical Pathology / Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania / Philadelphia, PA
- Neurology / Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Baltimore, MD
Anatomic and Clinical PathologyAmerican Board of Pathology
- College of American Pathologists - Fellow
- American Society for Clinical Pathology - Fellow
- U.S. & Canadian Academy of Pathology