A graduate of Northwestern University and the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Michael Weinstein, MD enjoys a busy clinical practice while continuing his academic pursuits as Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. He is active in his community and his specialty through numerous medical society memberships and as Vice President of the Maryland Patient Care and Access Coalition. He has served on the American Gastroenterological Association Board of Trustees and as the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy representative to the American Medical Association’s CPT Advisory Panel. Dr. Weinstein has been consistently recognized by his peers as a “Top Doctor” in Washingtonian magazine.
Dr. Weinstein serves as President and CEO of Capital Digestive Care and is the Managing Partner for the Metropolitan Gastroenterology Group division.
Married with three sons, his personal interests revolve around his family and his love of sports, wine and cooking.
Medical Education and Training
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine / Evanston, IL / Doctor of Medicine
- George Washington University Hospital / Washington, DC
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology / Washington DC Veterans Administration Medical Center / Washington, DC
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine / The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science / Northwestern University / Evanston, IL
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
- George Washington University Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America - Member
- Medical Society of the District of Columbia
- American Gastroenterological Association - Member