Capital Digestive Care complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate or exclude people from treatment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Capital Digestive Care:
If you need these services, inform a staff member.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities and people whose primary language is not English to communicate effectively with us such as:
- Qualified American Sign Language interpreters and spoken language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (i.e. large print) and languages
If you believe that Capital Digestive Care has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can submit your concerns in person or in writing by mail, fax, or email to Kevin Harlen, Grievance Officer, 12510 Prosperity Drive, Suite 200, Silver Spring, MD 20904, 301-625-6906 (fax), Kevin.Harlen@capitaldigestivecare.com(email).
Once your grievance is received:
You may also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, SW, Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington DC 20201. 1-800-368-1019, 1-800-537-7697 (TDD). Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
- Kevin Harlen will contact you within two business days.
- Capital Digestive Care will conduct an investigation.
- The results of our investigation will be shared with you within 10 business days after the grievance complaint was received.
- Additional action will be determined based on the outcome of the investigation.