- 3 Tbs. dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 Tbs. reduced-sodium, no wheat tamari soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 2 Tbs. grape seed or peanut oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb. broccoli florets (about 4 cups)
- ¾ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced
Step 1: In a small bowl, stir together sherry, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and corn starch. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in a large, non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add broccoli and ¼ cup water and cook until broccoli is bright green and all water has cooked off, about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet.
Step 2: Add the remaining 1 Tbs. oil and stir-fry chicken until just cooked through, 2 to- 3 minutes. Stir in soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Return broccoli to pan and toss with sauce. Sprinkle scallions on top. Serve with brown rice.