Capital Digestive Care (CDC) is the largest gastroenterology practice in the Mid-Atlantic. Within our local divisions in DC and Maryland, we have recently developed a Chronic Care Management (CCM) program for patients with complex needs related to their diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease. We are currently searching for a mental health provider who will provide chronic disease-informed clinical therapy who is reliable, organized and looking to make a difference in the lives of others. We offer a unique training and support system with caring and very skilled clinical supervisors (physicians and advanced practice providers.)
The provider would receive wonderful supervision and robust training making the position ideal for new grads as well as seasoned therapists who are ready for the rewards that come with patients navigating chronic disease management and surrounding psychosocial issues.
Wide range of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary
- Remote work- sessions to be conducted by telehealth
- Flexible work hours – make your own schedule! Part-Time Monday – Friday with potential to move to Full-Time as the program expands.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts prompt, thorough screenings and assessments of psychosocial circumstances, functional impairment, pain, depression, and anxiety of patients with chronic illnesses.
- Makes determination on the nature of emotional and behavioral problems to be addressed and the level of therapy required.
- Defines treatment plans to establish goals and objectives of treatment.
- Writes objectives in clear, measurable terms, emphasizing behaviors that are required to move the client to a lower level of care.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Masters Degree or Higher in social work, counseling or psychology or related field
- Independently licensed mental health professional
- Ideal candidate would have experience/advanced training in somatic and trauma informed interventions (I.e. T-CBT, DBT, EMDR, Somatic Experiencing).
- LCSW-C, LPC or PSY D
- Licensed in Maryland or willing to obtain licensure.
Requirements and Abilities:
- Ability to act with discretion, tact, confidentiality in all situations.
- Capable in the assessment and treatment of individuals living with chronic disease.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills in identifying client needs and developing plans to address those needs.
- Able to contribute to multi-disciplinary care.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Must be able to tolerate periods of job-related stress.
- Must be available and respond to work-related telephone calls during specified hours.
Please contact Erica Cohen, MD at IBDCCM@capitaldigestivecare.com for more information.Apply Now
Capital Digestive Care offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for eligible employees, including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid and unpaid leave options
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA/HSA)
- Retirement benefits
- Financial security benefits
If you would like to learn more, please contact Human Resources at HR@capitaldigestivecare.com.