Capital Digestive Care is looking for an RN Manager to join our growing team of medical professionals.
Nurse Manager – Infusion Center
Chevy Chase, Maryland
The nurse manager oversees the clinical and administrative infusion teams. Provides clinical and administrative leadership for all aspects for infusion services. This includes clinical nurses, clinical administrative team, and prior authorization team. The nurse manager should be able to cross cover in each facet of care delivery.
- Weekly meetings with financial team, understanding of the business model of infusion services, liaison between physician partners and central billing office.
- Monitoring completion of prior authorizations in a timely fashion, facilitate process improvement of prior authorizations, facilitate communication and growth between clinical and prior authorization teams.
- Oversight of nursing functions, manage nursing schedule, ability to work clinically as needed for patient care.
- Develop and implement quality improvement program for clinical and prior auth teams. Develops quality and safety initiatives to provide highest level of care.
- Oversight of scheduling personnel and process, facilitate communication between clinical, scheduling, and PA teams.
- Participates in organizational policy formulation and decision-making, using clinical expertise as a guideline.
- Collaborates with entire infusion team; front/back office, prior authorization, and other infusion locations to ensure continuity of care and aligning with organizational vision.
- Manages operation of assigned areas by analyzing personnel structure, determining staffing needs, monitoring productivity, and providing direction that reflects patient needs across the continuum of care.
- Builds loyalty and commitment throughout their service area. Is able to merge divergent ideas and viewpoints for the good for the organization.
- Provides supervision, evaluations on performance assists with selection and termination process.
- Ensures clinical team works at top of licensure/responsibility. Actively promotes staff and self-development.
- Oversees development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, evidence-based delivery of health services. Fosters patient and employee satisfaction. Promotes shared decision-making with input from staff.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of the budget. Approves purchases, establishes, and revises inventory quotes.
- Collaborates with infusion colleagues at other locations to promote optimal utilization of nursing resources among the various clinics.
- Maintains credibility when communicating adverse news, follows through on promises and concerns, and provides service recovery to dissatisfied patients.
- Advocate for positive physician relationships.
- Effectively communicates with patients, families, employees, physicians, and other department leaders.
- Current, valid state of Maryland RN License (or compact state)
- BSN preferred
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years nursing leadership experience (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with EMRs
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Proven leadership skills and highly effective at leading a team and fostering a team environment
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and can effectively prioritize
- Able to serve as a mentor and resource to other RNs
About Capital Digestive Care
Founded in 2009, Capital Digestive Care is the largest private gastroenterology practice in the Mid-Atlantic. A 2021 partnership with Gastrointestinal & Liver Specialists of Tidewater in Southeastern Virginia has expanded its network to more than 120 physicians and advanced care practitioners who treat a wide range of conditions—from the common complaint of heartburn to the complex management of Crohn’s Disease—and offer critical services for the prevention of colon cancer for more than 100,000 patients annually.
With business operations located in Silver Spring, MD, Capital Digestive Care’s integrated care model connects its doctors to more than 25 office locations and outpatient surgery centers as well as specialized laboratory services and the largest clinical research program of its kind in the region.
Please submit your CV for consideration to Amy via email to learn more about opportunities or apply.Apply Now
Capital Digestive Care offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for eligible employees, including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid and unpaid leave options
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA/HSA)
- Retirement benefits
- Financial security benefits
If you would like to learn more, please contact Human Resources at HR@capitaldigestivecare.com.