Current Openings: 5550 Friendship Boulevard Suite T-90 Chevy Chase MD 20815
Looking for a full-time Medical Assistant with GI experience to perform selected clinical duties under the direction of a provider or supervisor. These duties are delegated in relation to the individual’s degree of training, in accordance with the objectives and policies of Capital Digestive Care and respective state laws governing such actions and activities.
- Perform selected clinical and adminstrative duties
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient histories and vital signs.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments
- Administer injections
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for procedures, including cleaning and sterilization.
- Assist providers in preparing in minor procedures and exams.
- Assist with scheduling of appointments
- Maintain patient files, records and other information
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
- Work closely with providers to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients.
- Perform direct patient care as instructed by the provider.
- Complete appropriate dcumentation on all patients
- Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with supervisors, staff a patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service.
- Utilize formal channels of communication to report concerns, personal requests and patient issues.
- Respect patients' rights to privacy and confidentiality
- Maintain an orderly and professional working atmosphere.
- Report to work properly dressed according to the approved dress code.
- Adhere to guidelines concerning working hours and break periods.
- Manage time effectively to complete all patient treatments and related activities as assigned.
- Maintain professional standards and procedures ensuring complaince with Corporate policies and with applicable regulations.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- Perform prescription related duties such as refills, prior authorizations and scheduling patients as required.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect the practice assets and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
- Demonstrate support to others by offering help.
- Assist in the solution of problems as directed by supervisor
- Perform related work as required.
- Knowledge and skills usually acquired through courses imparted by an accredited Medical Assistant program
- At least 5 years or experience working in a medical office setting.
- Experience working with electronic medical record system (EMR)
- Certification obtained by an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- GI Experience Preferred
Capital Digestive Care offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for eligible employees, including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid and unpaid leave options
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA/HSA)
- Retirement benefits
- Financial security benefits
If you would like to learn more, please contact Human Resources at HR@capitaldigestivecare.com.