Current Openings: 14955 Shady Grove Road Suite 150 Rockville MD 20850
Great opportunity to become a part of our growing infusion center in a private medical practice setting! Looking for experienced infusion nurse that is interested in growing with our center and helping us deliver on our promise of exceptional patient service. BSN required.
A full time position responsible for performing selected clinical and administrative duties under the direction of a provider or supervisor. Works closely with the physicians and other team members in the deliver of exceptional patient care. Primary responsibilities will include administration of intravenous medications and other responsibilities related to operations of the infusion center. These duties are delegated in relation to the individual’s degree of training, in accordance with the objectives and policies of the organization and respective state laws governing such actions and activities.
A pleasant demeanor and collaborative attitude is essential in order to deliver exceptional care to patients and add value to our team of physicians, employees and other professionals. This employee must be dedicated to the vision and goals of Capital Digestive Care. This employee must have the ability to remain calm and exhibit tact in stressful and/or delicate situations. The employee must have the ability to handle confidential issues with discretion.
- Mixes and administer medications via IV or injection under the direction & supervision of a physician or other medical professional.
- Consults the Clinical Director regarding dose modifications, problems and symptom management; initiates appropriate action & informs Clinical Director or physician.
- Records patient data prior to each provider and/or infusion visit, including but not limited to: o Vital signs o Height o Weight o Allergies o Medication Changes • Assesses patients for changes in condition, including but not limited to: o Abnormal Labs o X-rays o Scans o Drug Reactions
- Documents nursing assessments, patient teaching, fluid and medication administration in the patient’s chart; Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physicians.
- Assures nursing charges are accurate and complete.
- Triage phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in a patient’s chart.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling bio-hazardous waste and any other materials potentially infected with blood borne pathogens.
- Prepare exam & treatment rooms with necessary instruments; Prepare & maintain supplies and equipment for the center, including cleaning and sterilization.
- Education and/or Experience: BSN required; Infusion Therapy experience with at least one (1) year of experience working in a medical office/ acute care setting required. Experience working with electronic medical record system (EMR) preferred. Certifications/Licenses: Graduate from an accredited program for nursing. RN license and current state registration with the Maryland State Board of Nursing. Current CPR certification.
- • Knowledge of medical practice and organizational policies to administer patient care • Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures • Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments used to administer patient care • Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) • Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and regulations related to evaluating and providing patient care, and professional ethics related to the delivery of nursing care. • Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment. • Knowledge of health promotion, health risk identification, and patient education principles and techniques. • Knowledge of community, professional and educational resources. • Skill in oral and written communication including interviewing to gather medical histories
Capital Digestive Care offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for eligible employees, including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid and unpaid leave options
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA/HSA)
- Retirement benefits
- Financial security benefits
If you would like to learn more, please contact Human Resources at HR@capitaldigestivecare.com.